Monday, October 04, 2004

Gaven's soccer game!!!

My little boy was on fire this weekend at his game!!
I couldn't have been more proud of him this past Saturday. See for those who don't know it has been a bit of a struggle with Gaven. From his speech to just every day simple tasks. But now with him starting Kindergarten it's as if the sun has come peaking in and he is started seeing things in a new light. This Saturday was a perfect example. This is his forth season of soccer. This time it's a little different though. He is in a older age group and the rules are more strict. So I was worried about him not being able to keep up. Well he sure proved me wrong.
My baby went out there and played like he had been doing it all his life.
Although he gave me a couple of scares. A very big boy fell on him then the soccer ball smaked him in the face so hard they stopped the game to see if he was o.k. But this child didn't even flinch he just kept going. He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him and fought for that ball as if the world depended on it!!
We hollered and cheered as loud as our lungs would allow us to. And in the end his team kicked the only goal of the game!! 1 to 0 was the score and even if it wasn't the World series or the Super bowl. You wouldn't have been able to tell the way these kids jumped up and down and pumped there fists in the air hollering the familiar cheers of victory!
After words we all went to Dairy Queen and celebrated with ice cream cones. I just couldn't help but hold back the tears watching my little guy sitting happily giggling with his friends. I just pray he keeps proving me wrong when I make the mistake of doubting him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home