Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The simple pleasures of life.

I don't need fancy cars or jewelery or a top designer wardrobe. Just give me a whataburger and my daughter and I'm happy! Its funny how sometimes just the simplest things can make life worth while. Yesterday morning me and Courtney dropped Gaven off at school and decided to go get us a bite to eat. Just sitting there watching her eat her breakfast on a bun flirting with the old men drinking coffee just did my heart good. This isn't something new for us but for some reason yesterday I felt very privileged to do this. Sometimes I get so caught up in the stresses of life I don't take time to sit and enjoy what I do have. What is near and dear to my heart. So maybe I don't have that new hutch in my kitchen or that new purse Ive been eying or fancy vacations. But I have been blessed with the job of being a mother. It doesn't pay much but the benefits are wonderful!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

hee hee sorry!! I guess the picture of the trash can should have been a indication:)

October 5, 2004 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

OMG Jennyfur that has got to be one of the nicest things I've read in quite some time. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with your daughter!! *muah*

October 5, 2004 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Sometimes we forget the little things that make us so happy!

October 8, 2004 at 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer is good a lot more than she is bad, alot prettier than she is ugly.
I should know, I am her mom.
Love you baby.
Kiss my grandbabies.

October 8, 2004 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home